Dirty-South Blues Harp forum: wail on! > Some recent songs
Some recent songs
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

waltertore
3040 posts
Feb 03, 2020
10:26 PM
I haven't been around here much. Our pizzeria has gone ballistic which is a blessed wonderful thing. Last week we hosted Tom Steyer for a town hall meeting, were named the #1 pizzeria in the USA on Yelp (70,000 nationwide), in the top 100 USA pizzerias by a prestigious Italian pizza organization, and lots of other media coverage. If I did this good in music I would have been somebody :-) I have been fooling with a a ribbon mic on my vocal/harp and a stereo tremelo set up on my guitar - 2 amps. The last link has the songs. Walter
----------
walter tore's spontobeat - a real one man band and over 1 million spontaneously created songs and growing. I record about 300 full length cds a year in the Tunnel of Dreams Studio.
" life is a daring adventure or nothing at all" - helen keller

Smiling With Hope Pizza-pizza with a social cause

my videos

Last Edited by waltertore on Feb 03, 2020 10:52 PM
jbone
3124 posts
Feb 04, 2020
4:19 AM
Long time Walter! Good to see you.
----------
Music and travel destroy prejudice.

Reverbnation

Facebook

Sarge
766 posts
Feb 04, 2020
5:07 AM
Walter!! I've been wondering how you are doing and I'm glad to see that you are still at it. Of the 5 new songs "what you gonna do" is the best one imo.
----------
Wisdom does not always come with old age. Sometimes old age arrives alone.
Rontana
539 posts
Feb 04, 2020
5:28 AM
Hey Walter . . . good to see you again. That's great news on the pizzeria. Congrats!
----------
Ron Marr Custom Wood Carving
Jim Rumbaugh
1345 posts
Feb 04, 2020
10:26 AM
I'm glad I got to meet you about 10 years ago. I'm glad the pizza business has done well.
----------
theharmonicaclub.com (of Huntington, WV)
waltertore
3041 posts
Feb 04, 2020
2:33 PM
Thanks everyone and hi back to you. Life is a trip. Here I am making pizza 60 hours a week at 62 years old. Never thought that would happen! I get to play at the pizzeria when some music lovers are eating and I have a few spare moments. It is the ultimate gig. I own the place so no BS from owners, no booze so none of that stuff that comes with that BS in clubs, no travel, no set times contracted to play. I play for a minute or 2 and am satisfied. I am very lucky for sure. Walter
----------
walter tore's spontobeat - a real one man band and over 1 million spontaneously created songs and growing. I record about 300 full length cds a year in the Tunnel of Dreams Studio.

my videos

nacoran
10225 posts
Feb 04, 2020
9:10 PM
Great stuff Walter! I always mostly focused on the harp in your stuff. Never really noticed what a great voice you have.

----------
Nate
Facebook
Thread Organizer (A list of all sorts of useful threads)

First Post- May 8, 2009
Grey Owl
1019 posts
Feb 05, 2020
12:39 AM
You're a good guy Walter. Harp with a Heart.

Grey Owl
YouTube
waltertore
3042 posts
Feb 05, 2020
10:07 AM
Thanks guys. I hardly ever hear my voice is good. I enjoy it and it is fun to be able to bend it around my guitar which tends to change chords and tempos off the norm. This is what I love about the 1 man band. It limits me big time in many ways - harp rack vs. hand held, not able to play much lead guitar, not able to do a lot of things I could do on harp/guitar if I had a real bassist, guitarist, and drummer behind me but I don't have to communicate/compromise/accommodate with other musicians. That makes for no thoughts as I play. It is well worth it. I forgot to mention that 30% of our pizzeria staff have cognitive disabilities. That makes it life worthwhile :-)
----------

my videos

Last Edited by waltertore on Feb 05, 2020 10:45 AM

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.

blues harmonica riffs - harmonica tabs - learn harmonica - play harmonica

play harmonica easily - harp tabs for beginners - blues harmonica lessons

ADAM GUSSOW is an official endorser for HOHNER HARMONICAS