beginner forum: for novice and developing blues harp players > Ah’w Baby!
Ah’w Baby!
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

dchurch
328 posts
Dec 14, 2019
12:40 PM
Cool Superbee,
I honestly couldn't recall Ah'w Baby well enough to make sense of the tab. It was interesting working with the tab anyway, especially trying different rhythm using the 3’+4 4 +5 5 +6 5 +5.

Today I actually took the time to find this version of Ah'w Baby. I found the right harp and did some work on it. https://youtu.be/sp_5h6KRAs0

For me this version is another good example of how a seemingly reachable song can be so difficult to reproduce. LW makes it sound so smooth and simple, then I start really listening and trying to replicate the timing, subtle details, and something even close to this man's tone... wow

I think Ah'w Baby is a good song to add to my list of goals. I can keep coming back to it for the challenge of accuracy. It also sounds pretty cool even though I'm playing it at a rough draft level.

I guess this is true for a lot of songs. But I realize a lot of them require chops that are just to far from my ability. Rather than continuously butchering a song I try to work on the weak skills that are holding me back.

Good luck with Ah'w Baby.

----------
Harmonica Mutes & Accessories
www.dBombMute.com

Spderyak
308 posts
Dec 17, 2019
4:23 AM
Ahhh...I also want to get that Hand Jive song down nice and smooth.

Ah'w... I was unfamiliar with the song so looked it up and gave it a listen.
It never really kicked in for me, I know he's a great player and all, but I would think it wouldn't have been his favorite recording.
i think you could spruce it up quite a bit with some new ideas and have some fun with it at the same time.

(I know we play to different audiences...I would run the risk of people falling a sleep during the song.)

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.

blues harmonica riffs - harmonica tabs - learn harmonica - play harmonica

play harmonica easily - harp tabs for beginners - blues harmonica lessons

ADAM GUSSOW is an official endorser for HOHNER HARMONICAS