Header Graphic
beginner forum: for novice and developing blues harp players > Got Suzuki Fabulous Just tuning today !
Got Suzuki Fabulous Just tuning today !
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

Frankie
88 posts
Mar 15, 2018
11:04 AM
Today I received my Suzuki Fabulous harmonica the most expensive Suzuki harmonica :)

The whole day I am playing and trying to understand if it worth the money.

Some one told me I need to play it for a while and will realize that it worth it so I will keep playing :)

But I still do not understand why it is so heavy
it is 157 G . M

an it is heavy and not comfortable.

Last Edited by Frankie on Mar 15, 2018 11:05 AM
Flbl
134 posts
Mar 15, 2018
11:43 AM
My only experience with a Fabulous is a Manji with Fab reed plates, it sounds good but base on that I think I would have a lot of trouble buying a real one, and I'm a big fan of Suzuki harmonicas.

As for the weight, they have a metal comb, so I would think they would be similar to a Promaster or a Hammond.
Frankie
89 posts
Mar 15, 2018
12:39 PM
I have promaster it is 90 Gram but this one is 157 G it is very heavy too heavy.
Flbl
137 posts
Mar 15, 2018
1:08 PM
Wow, that's a big difference, I know the difference isn't in the reed plate,is the comb thicker? Honestly though on one hand I want one, but at the same time I could get 4 or 5 Manji's or Olives for the price of one Fabulous.
Could also buy custom harps for the same money.
Flbl
139 posts
Mar 16, 2018
6:37 AM
I looked on the Suzuki web site the Fabulous has a brass comb, that's why it's so heavy.
MindTheGap
2543 posts
Mar 16, 2018
10:22 AM
Gulp - that's £220 in the UK! Come on...twenty times more expensive than my favourite EastTop harp :)

It'd better make the tea...
Frankie
94 posts
Mar 17, 2018
9:26 AM
Thanks

Last Edited by Frankie on Mar 19, 2018 1:25 AM
MindTheGap
2544 posts
Mar 17, 2018
11:33 AM
Frankie - sure but that's opening a can of worms!

I wouldn't think that putting either brass or aluminium in your mouth is good idea. Stainless steel maybe not so bad but I don't suppose it's 'medical grade' that hey use for covers.

One of the features of brass instruments (I mean trumpets etc.) either plain or silver plated, is that they naturally supress the bacteria, mould etc that would otherwise grow in their warm, wet tubes. Might be doing the same to your mouth!

And what about the wood combs or the lacquer they seal them with? Just because wood is a natural product doesn't mean it's good to chew on. All kinds of nasty things in wood.

The plastic combs use ABS I believe which is used for storing food, so that's something. But it's plastic so, you know, always a question mark.

I had one very nice harp that played well but it tasted funny - so I stopped using it. Alarm bells.

Last Edited by MindTheGap on Mar 17, 2018 11:39 AM

Post a Message

(8192 Characters Left)

blues harmonica riffs - harmonica tabs - learn harmonica - play harmonica

play harmonica easily - harp tabs for beginners - blues harmonica lessons

ADAM GUSSOW is an official endorser for HOHNER HARMONICAS