Home recording
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

Martin
1649 posts
May 19, 2020
12:01 PM
A touch OT here, I admit but:
Like not a few others I´m thinking of doing some home recordings. And not with a phone, since I want better sound quality. (The pictures will be with a phone: we appear to require pictures with music these days. A certain form of decadence, but there you go.)

My harmonica recording I have done through and old RP 150 as ... sound card (?) and that has worked alright (Audacity is on the receiving end) -- unless I want warm, un-distorted sound, which is not to be found in that machine.
But now I´m thinking of adding vocals.

Any pointers on a really inexpensive sound card (if that´s the word?) that can be used in a very un-pretentious context?
What to look for, what to avoid?
rogonzab
1113 posts
May 19, 2020
1:22 PM
Behringer Um2, UM22 or the new Behringer UM22HD. Those are cheap.
Any $100 usb interface would be very good.

I use REAPER as a recording software. It is a bit more complex than audacity, but it works way better for recording. Aksim it is free as long as you like.

You can also use Amplitube as a amps sim:

----------
Sorry for any misspell, english is not my first language.

Last Edited by rogonzab on May 19, 2020 1:23 PM
jbone
3211 posts
May 19, 2020
6:07 PM
We have a Canon Powershot camera that does photo and video. It does the job pretty well. A bit over $100.
----------
Music and travel destroy prejudice.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1109912442677135/?ref=bookmarks

Reverbnation

Facebook

Martin
1650 posts
May 20, 2020
5:59 AM
Thank you guys, I´ll check these gadgets out. $100 is about what I´m ready to sacrifice!

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.

blues harmonica riffs - harmonica tabs - learn harmonica - play harmonica

play harmonica easily - harp tabs for beginners - blues harmonica lessons

ADAM GUSSOW is an official endorser for HOHNER HARMONICAS