Mar 13, 2020
6:01 AM
I agree with hooktool.
Well worth a listen. Thanks for sharing it Sam
The Iceman
4047 posts
Mar 13, 2020
8:05 AM
Enjoying his mixture of "harmonicky" basic 2nd position ideas, OB's, space - as well as speed chops that make perfect musical sense over the changes.
----------
The Iceman
ridge
777 posts
Mar 14, 2020
9:00 AM
There's a lot to like in a few minutes. I especially enjoyed the turn around at about 2:22-2:25.

Can you kind of explain to me what you do at 1:25 and the few seconds after that? Is the progression kind of going up by half steps - whatever it is, it's got a really cool feel to it!

-Dan
----------
Ridge's YouTube
wolfkristiansen
442 posts
Mar 21, 2020
11:47 PM
Loved it. Nice jazzy feel, speed once in a while, but not overwhelming the song. Nice bluesy feel, too. I love jazzy blues and bluesy jazz. I'd like to hear more of your playing.
Cheers,
wolf kristiansen
snowman
548 posts
Mar 26, 2020
7:02 PM
Thanks so much for this post---years ago I went through an obsessive period. I was learning to tweak my harps for ob and od---I kept workin on it and really was not very successful at playing them.

Then I realized I wasn't that good at regular harp and started workin in that.

In the process I learned how to tune and gap FOR ME.I learned how to replace reeds I screwed up in the process. Overall Im glad, I have lots of tools and can work on my harps when needed.
With harps that came well gapped or I got lucky and did it myself w/out "F...in" up a reed, I was able to get 6ob most everything 4-6 on many and od7 on a few.

I've been able to bend 6ob on many, I still am and was extremely mediocre at it.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO MAKE IT MUSICAL.

u have some stuff Im practicing on that gives me hope. Ive been doing one that has 4od up 6ob and bend--theres an 8 draw in there---anyway its musical and isn't forced.

So many times I see good harp players ,much better than me force their ob and od , like they have to prove they can do it.

Any way thanks a lot for this post. I finally have a couple ob runs I can mix with my stuff that sounds bluesy and more importantly "musical"

I have hope in this again.

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.

blues harmonica riffs - harmonica tabs - learn harmonica - play harmonica

play harmonica easily - harp tabs for beginners - blues harmonica lessons

ADAM GUSSOW is an official endorser for HOHNER HARMONICAS