Dirty-South Blues Harp forum: wail on! > Working on Sad Hours
Working on Sad Hours
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

SuperBee
6336 posts
Nov 30, 2019
12:42 AM
Groyster1 suggested i should play Sad Hours, and i like the song so i was open to that idea.
Then i was reading Margie Goldsmith's book of interviews and i read Rick Estrin talking about the 3 albums which formed his basic foundation, 1 of which was The Best of Little Walter.
i looked at the tracklist and realised i play half the songs from the album, and decided to make a project of the rest.
Sad Hours is the 1st of those. This is using one of Shoji Naito's backing tracks. He made one in E called Mad Hours, and one in F called Mad Hours in F. They are subtly different. (Edit: lol, I did not mean to be a smartarse about that but maybe it reads that way. The track in F has some echo on it. Little Walter’s record is in F btw) This is the one in E. A bit of a rush job with the video and its pushed the computer mic into the red slightly at times. not too bad i hope. a work in progress like my playing in general but its coming along.

Last Edited by SuperBee on Nov 30, 2019 12:23 PM
groyster1
3487 posts
Nov 30, 2019
5:27 AM
that's so righteous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!look up to the members of this forum despite quarrels......I really do listen to what you guys post......your posts are invaluable to me
The Iceman
3976 posts
Dec 01, 2019
6:54 AM
Just for fun, try those long tone 2 hole inhale second bends about a foot above the floor....will pull it into better tune and give a slightly different flavor.

Estrin is a great one for playing bends closer to proper pitch rather than 1/4 tone flat.
----------
The Iceman
SuperBee
6350 posts
Dec 01, 2019
11:50 AM
I appreciate the feedback Iceman.
You’ve made similar obs before on something else I played and I’m trying to be conscious of it and still I’m flat. Long time habits I guess.
I’ll keep working
jbone
3069 posts
Dec 01, 2019
1:42 PM
One of my favorite songs by LW. I have yet to attempt to cover it. Fine work Bee.
----------
Music and travel destroy prejudice.

Reverbnation

Facebook

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.

blues harmonica riffs - harmonica tabs - learn harmonica - play harmonica

play harmonica easily - harp tabs for beginners - blues harmonica lessons

ADAM GUSSOW is an official endorser for HOHNER HARMONICAS