beginner forum: for novice and developing blues harp players > Got a harp last Christmas
Got a harp last Christmas
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

outdoor joe
50 posts
Jan 01, 2018
4:45 PM
My wife got me a harp last xmas and I played/learned for about 2.5 months and stopped. I could mimic a few of my fav Neil and Tom songs but I think I stopped because...I dont know how they came up with the chords? Why do the notes work so beautifully? How do I read music or think of these songs? Im drunk and rambling but am trying to ask...

Anyone know of a Harp for Dummies book? Its been almost a year of no harp playing and I really miss it but I need a teacher or something to halp.

5162 posts
Jan 01, 2018
6:11 PM
There are 2 ‘dummies’ books; harmonica for dummies, and blues harmonica for dummies. Both written by Winslow Yerxa (an active member of this forum).
There is also a ‘complete idiots’ guide.
And numerous others beginning Harmonica books, by authors such as Jon Gindick and Dan Gage.
If it’s specifically blues harmonica you like, that’s kind of a special subject and a number of decent books on that, and websites.
And Adam Gussow and numerous others have a bunch of YouTube video lessons.
outdoor joe
51 posts
Jan 01, 2018
6:23 PM
Thanks Bee. I really love music...more than anything honestly. I really hope I can get back into the swing of things. Happy NY

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.

blues harmonica riffs - harmonica tabs - learn harmonica - play harmonica

play harmonica easily - harp tabs for beginners - blues harmonica lessons

ADAM GUSSOW is an official endorser for HOHNER HARMONICAS