beginner forum: for novice and developing blues harp players > Harp in the shower?
Harp in the shower?
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

Havoc
10 posts
Nov 11, 2016
2:26 PM
Does anybody else do this? Only with plastic combed harps of course.
----------
If you don't cut it while it's hot......
SuperBee
4266 posts
Nov 11, 2016
2:48 PM
Great way to keep your harps clean and waste a lot of water and energy (if you have hot showers)
I have done it a lot and I see it as both a really bad habit and a great practice opportunity. Much safer than playing while driving which I'm happy to say I have all but eliminated from my life.
Glass Harp Full
155 posts
Nov 11, 2016
4:05 PM
Never tried it but sounds like a good opportunity to get some more practise in. A tiled wall would enhance the sound too.
MindTheGap
1875 posts
Nov 12, 2016
12:04 AM
I think it was in the Little Walter biography I read that Junior Wells routinely practised harp the bathroom, for the acoustics. History doesn't relate if he was actually in the shower, or even if the family owned a shower, but anyway that validates it.
Tiggertoo1962
155 posts
Nov 12, 2016
10:29 AM
Never tried it, but every time I go for a bath I line up a few harps on the edge of the tub. After a while, The Wife usually shouts "dinner's up in an hour!" just to make sure I'm out on time ;)

----------
One of the last of a dying breed.

Last Edited by Tiggertoo1962 on Nov 12, 2016 10:30 AM
Killa_Hertz
1897 posts
Nov 12, 2016
1:37 PM
Haven't done this yet, but ...
Everytime I get in the shower i think .. "maybe I'll just bring a lee oskar in with me. " lol. Because I have a waterproof Bluetooth speaker in there and I'm always listening to music. And just like singing in the shower, I often play "air harp" with hand wahs and the whole 9 .. lol. So the harp in there only makes sense. I kinda wondered if anyone else did this. Now i know. 8^) Perhaps I'll try it out.
Shaganappi
143 posts
Dec 09, 2016
2:49 PM
Nah ... wrecks my tab sheets ... ;)

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.

blues harmonica riffs - harmonica tabs - learn harmonica - play harmonica

play harmonica easily - harp tabs for beginners - blues harmonica lessons

ADAM GUSSOW is an official endorser for HOHNER HARMONICAS