Dirty-South Blues Harp forum: wail on! > am I the best was a rhetorical question thank you
am I the best was a rhetorical question thank you
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

sharpharp
10 posts
Jul 13, 2017
10:33 AM
Maybe I should have said why am I the best
Mirco
488 posts
Jul 14, 2017
1:22 AM
I don't think it was necessary to add any more information. I understand fully that you are the best. Your playing is an inspiration to all, and I consider myself fortunate just to have this all-too limited, impersonal sort of communication with you.

Like you, I often wonder about what makes me so great. This question keeps me up at night. I wonder, "Why, God? Why am I so great? Why can't everyone have 'it'?" And I really can't come up with the answer. It haunts me. It's just a cruel twist of fate, a cosmic joke.
----------
Marc Graci
YouTube Channel
Rush Thompkins
4 posts
Jul 14, 2017
3:56 AM
Roasted
nacoran
9520 posts
Jul 14, 2017
11:34 PM
You should have titled this one "Am I the best at rhetorical questions".

I think the majority of the people in the thread seemed amused.

I don't know why, but at one point, a few years back, we started describing one player's playing in miraculous terms. (I'm not sure if he'd even posted a sample, I think it was in response to some wiseass remark someone made). Anyway, I remember once saying that his ten hole blow on an F# harp was so pure that it could restart the heart of a dead hummingbird.

I may actually invent a fake harmonica player just so I can come up with creative ways to praise him.

----------
Nate
Facebook
Thread Organizer (A list of all sorts of useful threads)

First Post- May 8, 2009
Joe_L
2717 posts
Jul 15, 2017
2:46 PM
There is simply no reason to explain your greatness. You simply are The Best. If the others don't get it, that's their problem.
----------
The Blues Photo Gallery
Blind Melon
79 posts
Jul 18, 2017
9:28 AM
You are truly a legend in your own mind....and humble to boot!
ted burke
572 posts
Jul 18, 2017
10:38 AM
Only a real harmonica God would assert that they are the best without providing videos of their playing. Everything I said about your playing and its miraculous effects it has on the substance of reality are true precisely because none of it can be proved.
----------
Ted Burke

tburke4@san.rr.com

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.

blues harmonica riffs - harmonica tabs - learn harmonica - play harmonica

play harmonica easily - harp tabs for beginners - blues harmonica lessons

ADAM GUSSOW is an official endorser for HOHNER HARMONICAS