Dirty-South Blues Harp forum: wail on! > Nirvana song played on bass and diatonic harp???
Nirvana song played on bass and diatonic harp???
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

boris_plotnikov
1123 posts
Apr 18, 2017
1:23 AM
I have a curious instrument called Tombo Pocket Bass. It is much smaller than regular bass harmonica. It have no flats and sharps besides F#, but the coolest thing is they lay out in fifth. It allows to play power chords similiar to guitar riffs for heavy metall and hard rock. I found I can play one of my favorite songs "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana using this harmonica. For this video I do not use any sounds besides bass harmonica, diatonic harmonicas, tambourin, hand clapping and my chest. What diatonic tone do you like more: clean (verse) or distorted (chorus)?

Please share it if you like it!

----------

My website. My album with Mikhail Bashakov. Seydel endorser. LoneWolf Blues Co endorser. Harmonica teacher. My facebook.
nacoran
9437 posts
Apr 18, 2017
10:26 AM
Brilliant!

I wish YouTube had a button on their embedded videos for sharing on FB. I guess I'll have to click through to YouTube to do that!

We used to do a cover of Nivana's cover of Molly's Lips. We started with three part acapella harmony and then broke into a sort of punk with harmony main song. All I did on harmony was basically play the melody behind the vocals. It was a lot of fun. (We also played with doing their Bowie cover too, and a couple others, but never got them really tight.)

----------
Nate
Facebook
Thread Organizer (A list of all sorts of useful threads)

First Post- May 8, 2009
boris_plotnikov
1126 posts
Apr 18, 2017
4:05 PM
Nacoran, thanks, glad you like it! Kurt was great composer!
----------

My website. My album with Mikhail Bashakov. Seydel endorser. LoneWolf Blues Co endorser. Harmonica teacher. My facebook.
BronzeWailer
1980 posts
Apr 19, 2017
4:06 AM
Very creative. The musical expression is excellent but the facial expressions make the video! I like the distorted harp. Cheers!

BronzeWailer's YouTube
Mirco
469 posts
Apr 19, 2017
5:02 PM
Very nice, Boris. Can I request some Soundgarden?
----------
Marc Graci
YouTube Channel
Tom585
28 posts
Apr 19, 2017
7:31 PM
Boris, well done!

What key diatonic harmonicas are you playing and in what positions?
boris_plotnikov
1129 posts
Apr 20, 2017
9:42 AM
BronzeWailer
Thank you! It is actually recorded takes, I worried more on timing than expression ((:

Mirco
Thank you! Great idea! I will think of it!

Tom585
Thanks!!! Most part is Sedel 1847 with blue moond comb in D dorian myxolydian (3 and 7 draw is half step down), for two notes in bridge I used 1847 silver in F F diatonic (as it have best bend layout)

----------

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.

blues harmonica riffs - harmonica tabs - learn harmonica - play harmonica

play harmonica easily - harp tabs for beginners - blues harmonica lessons

ADAM GUSSOW is an official endorser for HOHNER HARMONICAShttps://www.sharedharvestfarm.ca/harmonica-retreat.html