Dirty-South Blues Harp forum: wail on! > Harp Attack Pedal
Harp Attack Pedal
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

Kingley
258 posts
Jul 21, 2009
1:50 AM
I quite like the idea of being able to take just a pedal instead of an amp to some jam sessions and "dep" gigs.

I have been reading about the Lone Wolf Harp Attack pedal. What's the general opinion of these?

Does anyone have one?

Anyone heard one live?

I have of course seen the YouTube videos of them, but has anyone else gigged with one? If so how did it perform?

Is there anything else out there that is similar and viable for harp and as portable?
sonvolt13
23 posts
Jul 21, 2009
12:23 PM
I have it and I like it. I've gigged with it (into the PA with the lone wolf harp delay) and also have brought it along as a back up to my amp.
It uses a minature 6v6 tube and to my ears sounds very close to a tweed champ.
Kingley
260 posts
Jul 21, 2009
12:27 PM
Thanks Sonvolt.
MrVerylongusername
430 posts
Jul 21, 2009
2:14 PM
Never used one, but Boss make the FBM-1 and FRV-1 pedals, which are a 59 bassman and a 63 Reverb modelling pedal respectively. They are obviously designed for guitar pickups not harp mics, but it should be easy enough to try one out before buying.

Another, slightly larger, but still very portable option is the Hughes and Kettner Blues Master. You'll need to search quite hard for one these days - I got mine from eBay after having a search up for about 3 months - if you get hold of one it's well worth the trouble. It's a 1W full tube amp, (both preamp and power stages) with a H&K red box speaker simulator. 100% genuine tube tone to output directly to the PA in a halfrack size box. Far more flexible than a Holmes Harp Commander in terms of signal routing options too.
Kingley
261 posts
Jul 21, 2009
9:09 PM
Thanks MrV

Post a Message
Guest Name

(4096 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.