New Orleans Blues Jams
harmonica-friendly jam sessions
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

HarveyHarp
482 posts
Aug 07, 2013
8:01 AM
Every Wednesday Night, at the Recovery Room on Jefferson Hwy, starting at 8:00 is the Longest running Blues Jam in New Orleans, hosted by Oscar and the Blues Cats. Formerly this was known as the DeckBar, and then the Riverbend Brew House. Oscar is a Harmonica Player, and his band, the Blues Cats, knows how to back up a Harp Player. There are no attitudes there, and harp players of all abilities show up. I normally show up about 9:30 or so. Also, on the 4th Wednesday of each month the Crescent City Harmonica Club holds its monthly meeting in the back room, starting at 6:00. Everyone is welcome.

Did I mention that there is a lingere show starting at 9:00.

Welcome to New Orleans.

----------
Photobucket

HarveyHarp
Bluesbndit
Nov 11, 2016
5:25 AM
When a'm in NOLA I hang out at the Funky Pirate and Big AL Carson, I try to make it there at least once a year, and love playing with Big AL, and the band
Bluesbandit
Nov 11, 2016
5:32 AM
I fly in from Boston once a year for 4 days and would love to come to the blues jam next time i'm in NOLA

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.

blues harmonica riffs - harmonica tabs - learn harmonica - play harmonica

play harmonica easily - harp tabs for beginners - blues harmonica lessons

ADAM GUSSOW is an official endorser for HOHNER HARMONICAShttps://www.sharedharvestfarm.ca/harmonica-retreat.html